|East Tenn State||J Jones 16.3||L Wilson 5.7||P McClain 3.6|
|Stetson||C Perez 15.7||W Green 6.2||J Naburgs 3.8|
Stetson plays host to East Tennessee State at Edmunds Center on Saturday. The game tips off at 3:15 p.m. EST. The Hatters defeated the Buccaneers 72-70 on Jan. 10 and are 5-5 against them over the past four years.
Stetson is third in the Atlantic Sun and East Tennessee State is in seventh. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The 19 points and 7 rebounds by Adam Pegg helped the Hatters to a 73-66 victory over USC Upstate on Feb. 7. While contributing 5.9 rebounds per game, he also scores 15.7 points per game. For the Buccaneers, Jarvis Jones finished with 12 points in the 67-43 loss to Florida Gulf Coast on Feb. 7. With 16.3 points per game and 2.1 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
In terms of team stats, Stetson has an advantage in two key areas. The Hatters have the upper hand over the Buccaneers in assists, 16 per game to 10 per game. Additionally, Stetson has the advantage over East Tennessee State in scoring, 70 points per game to 62 points per game.
East Tennessee State StatSmack
- Chris Perez is ranked 6th in the Atlantic Sun in points.
- Stetson is better at defending the three (33.6% allowed vs 37.0% allowed) than East Tennessee State this season.
- Adam Pegg is ranked 8th in the Atlantic Sun in points.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Stetson has come back to win after being down at half against East Tennessee State 3 times since 2005.
- The Stetson blocks leader (Willie Green, 25 blocks) has more blocks than the East Tennessee State blocks leader (Hunter Harris, 21 blocks).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Stetson currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (947 to 1000) than East Tennessee State, per the NCAA.
- Stetson is a better shooting team (46.0% vs 41.6%) than East Tennessee State this season.
- Hunter Miller is ranked 10th in the Atlantic Sun in assists.
- Stetson has a more potent offense, scoring more points (70.3 per game vs 63.7 per game) than East Tennessee State this season.