Stony Brook vs. Hartford: Full Game Preview
|Stony Brook||D Coley 11.8||T Brenton 8.2||T Brenton 4.8|
|Hartford||M Nwakamma 15.0||M Nwakamma 5.8||Y Moore 2.6|
On Saturday, Hartford plays host to Stony Brook at Chase Arena at Reich Family Pavilion. It gets started at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN3.com. The Hawks lost to the Seawolves 73-59 on Jan. 12 and are 0-9 against them over the last four years.
Hartford is in fourth place in the conference, Stony Brook is in first place.
The Hawks got past Binghamton 76-62 on Feb. 6 with the help of 22 points and 7 rebounds from Mark Nwakamma. With 15 points per game, 5.8 rebounds per game, and 1.6 steals per game, he leads the team in all three categories. In a 56-54 victory over New Hampshire on Feb. 2, Dave Coley put up 13 points and 8 rebounds for the Seawolves. His 11.8 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
In reviewing statistical differences between the teams, Stony Brook appears to have an edge in two significant areas. The Seawolves have an advantage over the Hawks when it comes to rebounding, 38 per game to 30 per game. In addition, Stony Brook has the edge in scoring, 67 points per game to 60 points per game. The Four Factors in which Stony Brook stands out are defensive rebounding percentage at 72.4 percent and turnover percentage at 18.9 percent.
Stony Brook StatSmack
- The Hartford three-point leader (Wes Cole, 41 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Stony Brook three-point leader (Anthony Jackson, 37 three-pointers).
- Wes Cole is ranked 5th in the America East in three-pointers.
- The Hartford steals leader (Mark Nwakamma, 37 steals) has more steals than the Stony Brook steals leader (Tommy Brenton, 35 steals).
- Hartford is better under pressure, and has defeated Stony Brook in 5 out of the last 6 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Hartford has come back to win after being down at half against Stony Brook 4 times since 2001.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Hartford currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (985 to 980) than Stony Brook, per the NCAA.
- The Hartford scoring leader (Mark Nwakamma, 344 points) has more points than the Stony Brook scoring leader (Dave Coley, 260 points).
- At least you keep showing up. Hartford has an average margin of victory of 7 over Stony Brook in 13 wins since 2001.
- The Hartford basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Stony Brook (71% vs 57%).
- Yolonzo Moore is ranked 10th in the America East in steals.
- Mark Nwakamma is ranked 3rd in the America East in points, 4th in the America East in steals, and 7th in the America East in blocks.