Towson vs. Georgia State: Full Game Preview
|Towson||J Benimon 17.2||J Benimon 11.5||J Benimon 2.6|
|Georgia State||R Hunter 17.7||M Atkins 6.3||D White 3.8|
Georgia State plays host to Towson at GSU Sports Arena on Saturday. Tipoff occurs at 2 p.m. EST. The Panthers defeated the Tigers 71-69 on Jan. 21 and are 6-2 against them over the past four years.
Georgia State is in sixth place in the conference, Towson is in second place.
The Panthers were defeated by North Carolina-Wilmington 76-72 on Feb. 6 despite 26 points and 5 steals from R.J. Hunter. With 17.7 points per game and 1.7 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. For the Tigers, Jerrelle Benimon put up 21 points and 12 rebounds in the 85-65 blowout of Delaware on Feb. 6. He leads the team in points with 17.2 per game, rebounds with 11.5 per game, and assists with 2.6 per game.
Comparing team stats, Towson looks to have the edge in one significant category, rebounding, where the Tigers have the upper hand over the Panthers, 40 per game to 31 per game. When considering the Four Factors, Towson performs well in offensive rebounding percentage at 39.0 percent. This ranks second in the conference and 19th in the country.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Georgia State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Towson (1 vs 0).
- Boom! Georgia State defeated Towson by 2 points the last time they played (Jan 21, 2013).
- Georgia State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (45.45% to 26.32%).
- You get an A for effort, but Georgia State has emerged victorious against Towson the last 4 times they've played.
- The Georgia State steals leader (R.J. Hunter, 43 steals) has more steals than the Towson steals leader (Jerome Hairston, 27 steals).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Georgia State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (971 to 873) than Towson, per the NCAA.
- James Vincent is ranked 19th nationally in blocks.
- The Georgia State scoring leader (R.J. Hunter, 442 points) has more points than the Towson scoring leader (Jerrelle Benimon, 430 points).
- The Georgia State assist leader (Devonta White, 95 assists) has more assists than the Towson assist leader (Jerrelle Benimon, 64 assists).
- Manny Atkins is ranked 9th in the CAA in points, 4th in the CAA in three-pointers, and 8th in the CAA in steals.
- Georgia State is a better three-point shooting team (36.6% vs 29.6%) than Towson this season.