Albany vs. Maine: Full Game Preview
|Albany||M Black 14.9||S Rowley 6.1||P Hooley 3.2|
|Maine||J Edwards 17.0||A Fraser 8.7||X Pollard 4.4|
On Saturday, Albany travels to Alfond Arena to take on Maine. The game gets underway at 3 p.m. EST. The Great Danes defeated the Black Bears 76-63 on Jan. 12 and are 5-4 against them over the past four years.
Maine is in seventh place in the America East and Albany is in third place.
In a 79-56 dismantling of Maryland-Baltimore County on Feb. 6, Jacob Iati put up 14 points for the Great Danes. He tallies 12.7 points per game and also adds 2 rebounds per game. The Black Bears were defeated by Boston University 79-72 on Feb. 5 despite 20 points from Xavier Pollard. He averages 10.4 points per game in addition to a team-best 4.4 assists per game.
- Albany has a better record in close games than Maine this season (5-3 vs. 4-5).
- It's only wins and losses, but Albany has a better overall record than Maine this season (18-7 vs. 8-15).
- Albany has a better record on the road than Maine this season (9-2 vs. 2-12).
- Albany players are more experienced than Maine players (14,127 minutes played vs. 9,139 minutes played).
- Boom! Albany crushed Maine by 13 points the last time they played (Jan 12, 2013).
- Albany is a better three-point shooting team (36.1 percent vs. 28.3 percent) than Maine this season.
- Albany allows fewer rebounds (31.3 allowed per game vs. 36.0 allowed per game) than Maine this season.
- Albany has a better conference record than Maine this season (7-4 vs. 3-7).
- Albany is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Albany is 211 lbs compared to 206 lbs for Maine.
- The Albany basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Maine (90 percent vs. 78 percent).
- Jacob Iati is ranked 8th in the America East in points and 12th nationally in three-pointers.
|F||Leon Cooper Jr.||13||1||2||1||0||0||2|