DePaul vs. Marquette: Full Game Preview
|DePaul||C Melvin 16.6||C Melvin 7.7||B Young 4.4|
|Marquette||V Blue 14.9||D Gardner 5.3||J Cadougan 4.2|
No. 24 Marquette welcomes DePaul to BMO Harris Bradley Center on Saturday. Tipoff is at 2 p.m. EST and it can be seen on Sports32 or MASN. The Golden Eagles are 5-1 against the Blue Demons over the last four years. The last time they played they won 89-76 on Feb. 6, 2012.
Marquette is first in the conference and DePaul is 14th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In a 70-47 beatdown of South Florida on Feb. 6, Vander Blue put up 13 points for the Golden Eagles. With 14.9 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Blue Demons, Worrel Clahar finished with 12 points and 7 rebounds in the 94-71 loss to Villanova on Feb. 5. He contributes 3.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.4 points per game.
- Marquette has a better record at home than DePaul this season (12-0 vs. 6-7).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Marquette is superior to DePaul (Latest AP Poll: No. 24 vs. Not Ranked).
- Marquette has come back to win after being down at half against DePaul three times since 2000.
- A for effort, but Marquette has emerged victorious against DePaul the last three times they've played.
- Marquette has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than DePaul (10 vs. one).
- Marquette players are more experienced than DePaul players (16,168 minutes played vs. 11,478 minutes played).
- Marquette has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than DePaul (eight vs. one).
- Marquette has more wins over the last 5 years than DePaul (137 vs. 57).
- Marquette has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than DePaul (No. 84 vs. No. 162).
- Marquette has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than DePaul (one vs. zero).
- Marquette has an average margin of victory of 13 over DePaul in 36 wins since 1980.
|D||D. Robertson Jr.||14||2||3||0||0||1||1|
|C-||S. Taylor Jr.||9||3||2||0||0||0||0|