|Rider||A Myles 12.3||D Stewart 6.5||J Thompson 3.2|
|Iona||L Jones 22.5||D Laury 11.3||L Jones 3.8|
Iona plays host to Rider at Hynes Athletic Center on Saturday. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN3.com. The Gaels lost to the Broncs 67-62 on Jan. 20 and are 6-4 against them over the last four years.
Rider and Iona are tied for third in the MAAC.
In their last matchup on Feb. 7, Lamont Jones put up 37 points and 5 rebounds for the Gaels in a loss to Marist, 105-104. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 22.5 points per game and 3.8 assists per game. In a 72-69 victory over Niagara on Feb. 7, Anthony Myles put up 23 points and 7 rebounds for the Broncs. His 12.3 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Iona looks to have the advantage in two significant areas. The Gaels have an edge in assists, 16 per game to 10 per game. Iona also has an advantage in scoring, 82 points per game to 64 points per game.
However, the Broncs appear to have the upper hand in blocked shots, 4 per game to 3 per game.
- The Iona three-point leader (Sean Armand, 85 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Rider three-point leader (Anthony Myles, 36 three-pointers).
- Iona is a better free-throw-shooting team (76.3% vs 68.3%) than Rider this season.
- It must sting. Iona has blown out Rider by 20 points or more on 7 occasions since 1997.
- The Iona assist leader (Lamont Jones, 86 assists) has more assists than the Rider assist leader (Jonathon Thompson, 76 assists).
- It's only wins and losses, but Iona has a better overall record than Rider this season (14-9 vs 12-12).
- At least you keep showing up. Iona has an average margin of victory of 10 over Rider in 20 wins since 1988.
- How does our back look? Iona is ranked higher than Rider in the MAAC (#2 vs #5).
- Iona takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Rider (2 vs 0).
- The Iona rebounding leader (David Laury, 157 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Rider rebounding leader (Danny Stewart, 143 rebounds).
- Even computers respect Iona more. We have a better RPI this season than Rider (RPI: #97 vs #181).
- Sean Armand is ranked 41st nationally in points, 5th nationally in three-pointers, and 10th in the MAAC in steals.