|Fresno State||T Johnson 12.1||K Foster 6.3||T Johnson 1.9|
|San Diego State||J Franklin 17.6||J Franklin 9.4||J Franklin 3.5|
On Saturday, Fresno State travels to Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl to take on San Diego State. It starts at 6 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CBSSN. The Bulldogs fell to the Aztecs 65-62 on Jan. 9 and are 0-3 against them over the last four years.
San Diego State maintains third place in the Mountain West while Fresno State sits at seventh place.
In a 64-55 win over UNLV on Feb. 6, Kevin Olekaibe put up 21 points for the Bulldogs. He is putting up 8.8 points per game while also averaging 1.8 rebounds per game. For the Aztecs, James Rahon finished with 16 points and 5 rebounds in the 63-62 win over Boise State on Feb. 6. He contributes 2 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.2 points per game.
Reviewing current performance metrics, San Diego State has an edge in two significant categories. The Aztecs have the upper hand in rebounding, 37 per game to 30 per game. San Diego State also has an advantage in scoring, 69 points per game to 60 points per game.
San Diego State StatSmack
- Fresno State is a better three-point shooting team (36.0% vs 32.1%) than San Diego State this season.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Fresno State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than San Diego State (3 vs 1).
- At least you keep showing up. Fresno State has an average margin of victory of 12 over San Diego State in 17 wins since 1985.
- Kevin Olekaibe is ranked 9th in the Mountain West in three-pointers.
- Allen Huddleston is ranked 10th in the Mountain West in steals.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Fresno State has had more players drafted by the NBA than San Diego State (2 vs 1).
- The Fresno State blocks leader (Robert Upshaw, 35 blocks) has more blocks than the San Diego State blocks leader (Skylar Spencer, 32 blocks).
- Jerry Brown Jr is ranked 7th in the Mountain West in steals.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Fresno State has a stronger schedule than San Diego State this season (SOS Rank: #27 vs #40).
|C||Jerry Brown Jr||28||6||5||1||1||1||1|
|D+||Dwayne Polee II||11||2||2||0||0||0||1|