|Campbell||D White 21.8||D White 7.2||T Freeman 5.8|
|Charleston Southern||S Nimley 15.6||P Gombwer 5.9||S Nimley 5.4|
On Saturday, Campbell travels to CSU Fieldhouse to take on Charleston Southern. It takes place at 5:30 p.m. EST. The Fighting Camels are 1-1 against the Buccaneers over the last four years. The last time they met (Feb. 2, 2012) they won 62-57.
Campbell is currently in sixth place in the conference and Charleston Southern is in second. Campbell is looking to recover from having lost four games in a row.
In their last matchup on Feb. 6, Darius Leonard put up 12 points and 5 rebounds for the Fighting Camels in a loss to High Point, 58-52. He tallies 5.5 points per game and also adds 3.9 rebounds per game. For the Buccaneers, Arlon Harper finished with 21 points and 5 rebounds in the 73-53 loss to Coastal Carolina on Feb. 6. He is averaging 14.9 points per game and leads the team in steals with 1.9 per game.
Charleston Southern has an edge in a single key statistical category, scoring, where the Buccaneers have the upper hand over the Fighting Camels, 75 points per game to 68 points per game.
Charleston Southern StatSmack
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Campbell has a stronger schedule than Charleston Southern this season (SOS Rank: #273 vs #282).
- Marvelle Harris is ranked 10th in the Big South in rebounds and 8th in the Big South in blocks.
- Campbell beat Charleston Southern by 5 points the last time they played (Feb 02, 2012).
- The Campbell rebounding leader (Marvelle Harris, 146 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Charleston Southern rebounding leader (Paul Gombwer, 117 rebounds).
- The Campbell scoring leader (Trey Freeman, 332 points) has more points than the Charleston Southern scoring leader (Saah Nimley, 312 points).
- Campbell is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Campbell is 76.8 inches compared to 74.8 inches for Charleston Southern.
- Trey Freeman is ranked 9th in the Big South in points, 19th nationally in assists, and 7th in the Big South in steals.
- Campbell has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (48.98% to 48.59%).
- At least you keep showing up. Campbell has an average margin of victory of 12 over Charleston Southern in 15 wins since 1980.