|USC Upstate||T Craig 16.9||R Glenn 8.3||T Greene 2.4|
|Florida Gulf Coast||S Brown 15.8||S Brown 6.2||B Comer 6.3|
Florida Gulf Coast plays host to USC Upstate at Alico Arena on Saturday. The game gets underway at 5:15 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN3.com. The Eagles defeated the Spartans 72-71 on Jan. 10 and are 6-4 against them over the past four years.
Florida Gulf Coast is in first place in the conference and needs to hold off third place USC Upstate. Florida Gulf Coast has won five games straight.
In a 67-43 beatdown of East Tennessee State on Feb. 7, Sherwood Brown put up 17 points and 5 rebounds for the Eagles. He contributes a team-high 15.8 points per game and 6.2 rebounds per game. For the Spartans, Ricardo Glenn finished with 10 points and 7 rebounds in the 73-66 loss to Stetson on Feb. 7. He is averaging 10 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 8.3 per game. Areas of strength for USC Upstate include: offensive rebounding percentage at 37.2 percent and turnover percentage at 20.0 percent.
USC Upstate StatSmack
- Even computers respect Florida Gulf Coast more. We have a better RPI this season than USC Upstate (RPI: #99 vs #220).
- The Florida Gulf Coast steals leader (Bernard Thompson, 63 steals) has more steals than the USC Upstate steals leader (Ty Greene, 37 steals).
- We make our fans proud. Florida Gulf Coast has a better record at home than USC Upstate this season (11-1 vs 8-3).
- Boom! Florida Gulf Coast defeated USC Upstate by 1 point the last time they played (Jan 10, 2013).
- Florida Gulf Coast is better under pressure, and has defeated USC Upstate in 3 out of the last 4 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Brett Comer is ranked 11th nationally in assists and 2nd in the Atlantic Sun in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. Florida Gulf Coast has an average margin of victory of 12 over USC Upstate in 7 wins since 2007.
- Bernard Thompson is ranked 7th in the Atlantic Sun in points and 5th nationally in steals.
- Eric McKnight is ranked 2nd in the Atlantic Sun in blocks.
- We just win. Florida Gulf Coast has more wins over the last 5 years than USC Upstate (70 vs 61).