Fordham vs. La Salle: Full Game Preview
|Fordham||B Frazier 15.7||C Gaston 8.1||B Frazier 5.3|
|La Salle||R Galloway 17.0||S Zack 6.6||T Duren 3.4|
La Salle plays host to Fordham at Tom Gola Arena on Saturday. It gets started at 2 p.m. EST. The Explorers are 3-1 against the Rams over the last four years. They lost 67-62 the last time they played (Feb. 25, 2012).
Fordham is in 14th place in the A-10 and La Salle is in fourth place.
In their last outing, behind 15 points from Ramon Galloway, the Explorers defeated George Washington 80-71 on Feb. 2. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 17 points per game and 2.3 steals per game. For the Rams, Branden Frazier finished with 11 points and 5 rebounds in the 90-73 loss to Saint Louis on Feb. 6. With 15.7 points per game and 5.3 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- La Salle has a better scoring defense (65.1 allowed per game vs 76.0 allowed per game) than Fordham this season.
- Even computers respect La Salle more. We have a better RPI this season than Fordham (RPI: #29 vs #208).
- Better not leave your building. La Salle has a better record on the road than Fordham this season (6-4 vs 0-11).
- The La Salle three-point leader (Ramon Galloway, 57 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Fordham three-point leader (Bryan Smith, 40 three-pointers).
- Ramon Galloway is ranked 6th in the A-10 in points, 4th in the A-10 in three-pointers, and 27th nationally in steals.
- How does our back look? La Salle is ranked higher than Fordham in the A-10 (#4 vs #14).
- La Salle is a better free-throw-shooting team (73.3% vs 66.2%) than Fordham this season.
- The La Salle blocks leader (Steve Zack, 31 blocks) has more blocks than the Fordham blocks leader (Chris Gaston, 22 blocks).
- La Salle players are more experienced than Fordham players (13,104 minutes played vs 11,409 minutes played).
- Steve Zack is ranked 6th in the A-10 in blocks.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? La Salle currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (969 to 933) than Fordham, per the NCAA.