|Memphis||J Jackson 13.8||D Stephens 6.7||J Jackson 4.5|
|Southern Miss||D Davis 12.9||J Mills 6.8||N Watson 5.0|
On Saturday, Southern Miss welcomes Memphis at Reed Green Coliseum. It starts at 4 p.m. EST and you can see it on CBSSN. The Golden Eagles are 1-8 against the Tigers over the last four years. The last time they met (Feb. 1, 2012) they won 75-72.
Southern Miss is in second place in the conference and just behind first place Memphis with a chance to close in.
In their last matchup on Feb. 6, Jonathan Mills put up 15 points and 9 rebounds for the Golden Eagles in a loss to UCF, 60-58. He is averaging 9 points per game and��leads the team in rebounds with 6.8 per game. For the Tigers, Geron Johnson finished with 19 points and 7 rebounds in the 60-52 win over Southern Methodist on Feb. 6. He averages 10 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.7 steals per game.
- The Southern Miss assist leader (Neil Watson, 111 assists) has more assists than the Memphis assist leader (Joe Jackson, 99 assists).
- The Southern Miss three-point leader (Jerrold Brooks, 46 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Memphis three-point leader (Antonio Barton, 27 three-pointers).
- At least you keep showing up. Southern Miss has an average margin of victory of 10 over Memphis in 18 wins since 1980.
- Daveon Boardingham is ranked 9th in C-USA in blocks.
- Jonathan Mills is ranked 10th in C-USA in rebounds.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Southern Miss currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (922 to 1000) than Memphis, per the NCAA.
- Southern Miss allows fewer rebounds (28.8 allowed per game vs 32.0 allowed per game) than Memphis this season.
- Southern Miss beat Memphis by 3 points the last time they played (Feb 01, 2012).
- Jerrold Brooks is ranked 6th in C-USA in three-pointers and 5th in C-USA in steals.
- The Southern Miss rebounding leader (Jonathan Mills, 156 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Memphis rebounding leader (D.J. Stephens, 147 rebounds).