|Central Arkansas||J Garner 15.9||J Garner 6.6||L Miles 3.8|
|Northwestern State||D Hicks 15.0||D Hicks 6.6||J West 5.4|
On Saturday, Northwestern State welcomes Central Arkansas at Prather Coliseum. The game tips off at 4 p.m. EST. The Demons beat the Bears 100-88 on Jan. 12 and are 8-1 against them over the last four years.
Northwestern State is in second place in the conference, Central Arkansas is in seventh place. Northwestern State has won its last five games.
In an 85-73 win over Oral Roberts on Feb. 7, James Hulbin put up 19 points for the Demons. He tallies 12.7 points per game and also adds 6.3 rebounds per game. The Bears were defeated by Stephen F. Austin 72-36 on Feb. 7 despite 4 points from Daouda Berete. He is averaging 5.2 points and 2.8 rebounds per game. One category in which Central Arkansas is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 18.4 percent, ranking second in their conference (and 78th nationally).
Central Arkansas StatSmack
- Even computers respect Northwestern State more. We have a better RPI this season than Central Arkansas (RPI: #100 vs #306).
- James Hulbin is ranked 9th in the Southland in rebounds and 7th in the Southland in blocks.
- How does our back look? Northwestern State is ranked higher than Central Arkansas in the Southland (#3 vs #7).
- The Northwestern State scoring leader (DeQuan Hicks, 302 points) has more points than the Central Arkansas scoring leader (Jarvis Garner, 289 points).
- We just win. Northwestern State has more wins over the last 5 years than Central Arkansas (84 vs 55).
- The Northwestern State rebounding leader (DeQuan Hicks, 135 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Central Arkansas rebounding leader (Jarvis Garner, 125 rebounds).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Northwestern State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (960 to 923) than Central Arkansas, per the NCAA.
- It's only wins and losses, but Northwestern State has a better overall record than Central Arkansas this season (14-6 vs 9-11).
- DeQuan Hicks is ranked 5th in the Southland in points, 7th in the Southland in rebounds, and 3rd in the Southland in steals.