|Kansas||B McLemore 16.3||J Withey 8.3||E Johnson 4.7|
|Oklahoma||R Osby 13.8||R Osby 6.5||S Grooms 2.5|
On Saturday, No. 5 Kansas travels to Lloyd Noble Center to take on Oklahoma. Tipoff is at 4 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Jayhawks defeated the Sooners 67-54 on Jan. 26 and are 6-0 against them over the past four years.
Kansas is first in the Big 12 and Oklahoma is in fifth. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last matchup on Feb. 6, Ben McLemore put up 15 points and 9 rebounds for the Jayhawks in a loss to TCU, 62-55. He leads the team with 16.3 points per game. For the Sooners, Andrew Fitzgerald put up 12 points and 7 rebounds in the 83-64 loss to Iowa State on Feb. 4. He contributes 3.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 5.9 points per game.
In terms of team stats, Kansas has an advantage in a single key area, blocked shots, where the Jayhawks have an edge over the Sooners, 7 per game to 3 per game.
- The Kansas blocks leader (Jeff Withey, 92 blocks) has more blocks than the Oklahoma blocks leader (Romero Osby, 19 blocks).
- The only thing that matters. Kansas has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than Oklahoma (1 vs 0).
- Even computers respect Kansas more. We have a better RPI this season than Oklahoma (RPI: #8 vs #20).
- Better not leave your building. Kansas has a better record on the road than Oklahoma this season (5-1 vs 4-4).
- Kansas has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Oklahoma (3 vs 0).
- How does our back look? Kansas is ranked higher than Oklahoma in the Big 12 (#1 vs #5).
- People just expect us to beat you. Kansas has been the favorite 20 out of the last 24 times.
- Kevin Young is ranked 9th in the Big 12 in rebounds.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Kansas has come back to win after being down at half against Oklahoma 3 times since 1997.
- The Kansas basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Oklahoma (80% vs 55%).
- Kansas is a better three-point shooting team (35.5% vs 30.9%) than Oklahoma this season.
|C-||A. White III||6||3||1||0||0||0||1|