Georgia Tech vs. Virginia Tech: Full Game Preview
|Georgia Tech||M Georges-Hunt 10.2||R Carter 6.6||M Udofia 2.9|
|Virginia Tech||E Green 25.2||C Raines 6.5||E Green 4.0|
Virginia Tech plays host to Georgia Tech at Cassell Coliseum on Saturday. It starts at 1 p.m. EST and you can catch it on RSN/ESPN3.com. The Hokies defeated the Yellow Jackets 70-65 on Jan. 12 and are 6-1 against them over the past four years.
Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech are tied for 10th in the conference. Virginia Tech is struggling, currently on a five-game losing streak.
In their last matchup on Feb. 7, Erick Green put up 29 points for the Hokies in a loss to Maryland, 60-55. He contributes team-best marks with 25.2 points per game, 4 assists per game, and 1.4 steals per game. For the Yellow Jackets, Daniel Miller put up 9 points and 5 rebounds in the 56-54 loss to Florida State on Feb. 5. He is averaging 7.8 points per game and leads the team in blocks with 2.1 per game.
Georgia Tech StatSmack
- The Virginia Tech scoring leader (Erick Green, 554 points) has more points than the Georgia Tech scoring leader (Marcus Georges-Hunt, 215 points).
- You get an A for effort, but Virginia Tech has emerged victorious against Georgia Tech the last 4 times they've played.
- Virginia Tech is better under pressure, and has defeated Georgia Tech in 5 out of the last 5 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Virginia Tech has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Georgia Tech (#32 vs #50).
- At least you keep showing up. Virginia Tech has an average margin of victory of 7 over Georgia Tech in 11 wins since 1983.
- Virginia Tech has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Georgia Tech according to Kiplinger (53% vs 31%).
- Cadarian Raines is ranked 8th in the ACC in blocks.
- Boom! Virginia Tech defeated Georgia Tech by 5 points the last time they played (Jan 12, 2013).
- Virginia Tech has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Georgia Tech ($30,017 vs $36,672).
- Jarell Eddie is ranked 8th in the ACC in three-pointers.
|D||S. Poole, Jr.||8||2||2||1||0||0||0|
|C-||J. van Zegeren||16||4||4||0||0||1||1|