|DePaul||C Melvin 16.6||C Melvin 7.7||B Young 4.4|
|Marquette||V Blue 14.9||D Gardner 5.3||J Cadougan 4.2|
On Saturday, DePaul visits BMO Harris Bradley Center to take on No. 24 Marquette. It gets started at 2 p.m. EST and you can catch it on Sports32 or MASN. The Blue Demons are 1-5 against the Golden Eagles over the last four years. They fell 89-76 on Feb. 6, 2012, the last time they met.
DePaul maintains 14th place in the Big East while Marquette is in first place. DePaul has lost seven straight.
The Blue Demons were defeated by Villanova 94-71 on Feb. 5 despite 19 points and 5 rebounds from Cleveland Melvin. He paces the team in points per game with 16.6, and rebounds per game with 7.7. For the Golden Eagles, Junior Cadougan finished with 11 points and 5 assists in the 70-47 blowout of South Florida on Feb. 6. With 4.2 assists per game and 1 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. From a tempo-free perspective, Marquette is strong in free throw rate at 41.9 percent. This is good enough for second in the conference and 37th in the nation.
- The DePaul blocks leader (Donnavan Kirk, 40 blocks) has more blocks than the Marquette blocks leader (Chris Otule, 19 blocks).
- Cleveland Melvin is ranked 6th in the Big East in points and 4th in the Big East in rebounds.
- The DePaul rebounding leader (Cleveland Melvin, 170 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Marquette rebounding leader (Davante Gardner, 111 rebounds).
- Donnavan Kirk is ranked 5th in the Big East in blocks.
- The DePaul assist leader (Brandon Young, 97 assists) has more assists than the Marquette assist leader (Junior Cadougan, 88 assists).
- The DePaul steals leader (Brandon Young, 33 steals) has more steals than the Marquette steals leader (Junior Cadougan, 21 steals).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 DePaul has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Marquette (9 vs 4).
- Rosemont isn't as congested as Milwaukee (population is significantly lower).
- DePaul has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Marquette (#167 vs #204).
- At least you keep showing up. DePaul has an average margin of victory of 11 over Marquette in 22 wins since 1980.
|D||D. Robertson Jr.||14||2||3||0||0||1||1|
|C-||S. Taylor Jr.||9||3||2||0||0||0||0|