North Carolina vs. Miami: Full Game Preview
|North Carolina||J Michael McAdoo 15.3||J Michael McAdoo 8.4||M Paige 4.5|
|Miami||D Scott 13.8||R Johnson 9.1||S Larkin 4.1|
No. 8 Miami (FL) welcomes North Carolina to BankUnited Center on Saturday. Tipoff is at 2 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN. The Hurricanes beat the Tar Heels 68-59 on Jan. 10 and are 1-7 against them over the last four years.
North Carolina is in third place in the ACC and will be trying to close the gap with Miami (FL), who is currently in first place. Miami (FL) has won 10 games straight.
In a 72-50 dismantling of Boston College on Feb. 5, Rion Brown put up 22 points for the Hurricanes. While contributing 1.7 rebounds per game, he also scores 6.6 points per game. In an 87-62 blowout of Wake Forest on Feb. 5, James Michael McAdoo put up 20 points and 5 rebounds for the Tar Heels. He puts up a team-leading 15.3 points per game, 8.4 rebounds per game, and 1.5 steals per game. From a tempo-free perspective, North Carolina is strong in offensive rebounding percentage at 37.1 percent. This is good enough for second in the conference and 46th in the nation.
North Carolina StatSmack
- Durand Scott is ranked 7th in the ACC in steals.
- We beat real teams. Miami has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than North Carolina this season (6 vs 1).
- How does our back look? Miami is ranked higher than North Carolina in the ACC (#1 vs #3).
- Boom! Miami defeated North Carolina by 9 points the last time they played (Jan 10, 2013).
- Better not leave your building. Miami has a better record on the road than North Carolina this season (8-1 vs 4-4).
- Miami has a better scoring defense (58.9 allowed per game vs 68.5 allowed per game) than North Carolina this season.
- The Miami steals leader (Shane Larkin, 48 steals) has more steals than the North Carolina steals leader (James Michael McAdoo, 33 steals).
- Miami is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Miami is 79.2 inches compared to 78.2 inches for North Carolina.
- Miami has a better conference record than North Carolina this season (9-0 vs 6-3).
- Miami is better at defending the three (30.5% allowed vs 33.9% allowed) than North Carolina this season.
- Miami is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Miami is 226 lbs compared to 201 lbs for North Carolina.