|Arkansas||B Young 16.5||M Powell 5.6||B Young 4.1|
|Vanderbilt||K Johnson 14.5||K Bright 5.4||K Johnson 3.2|
On Saturday, Arkansas heads to Memorial Gym (TN) to take on Vanderbilt. It gets started at 1:30 p.m. EST and it can be seen on SEC Network. The Razorbacks defeated the Commodores 56-33 on Jan. 12 and are 3-2 against them over the past four years.
Vanderbilt is in 12th place in the conference and Arkansas is in fifth place.
In an 80-69 win over Florida on Feb. 5, B.J. Young put up 13 points and 5 assists for the Razorbacks. With 16.5 points per game and 4.1 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. For the Commodores, Dai-Jon Parker finished with 11 points and 9 rebounds in the 57-56 loss to LSU on Feb. 6. He contributes 3.1 rebounds per game in addition to his 6 points per game.
In terms of team stats, Arkansas has an advantage in a single key area, scoring, where the Razorbacks have an edge over the Commodores, 77 points per game to 59 points per game.
- Arkansas has a better conference record than Vanderbilt this season (5-4 vs 2-6).
- How does our back look? Arkansas is ranked higher than Vanderbilt in the SEC (#6 vs #11).
- At least you keep showing up. Arkansas has an average margin of victory of 11 over Vanderbilt in 18 wins since 1990.
- Arkansas is a better free-throw-shooting team (69.7% vs 59.6%) than Vanderbilt this season.
- Marshawn Powell is ranked 5th in the SEC in points and 9th in the SEC in blocks.
- We make our fans proud. Arkansas has a better record at home than Vanderbilt this season (13-1 vs 5-5).
- The Arkansas assist leader (B.J. Young, 86 assists) has more assists than the Vanderbilt assist leader (Kedren Johnson, 63 assists).
- Arkansas has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Vanderbilt ($15,972 vs $52,659).
- Hunter Mickelson is ranked 6th in the SEC in blocks.
- Even computers respect Arkansas more. We have a better RPI this season than Vanderbilt (RPI: #78 vs #153).
- Arkansas can actually jump, with more rebounds (35.4 per game vs 32.1 per game) than Vanderbilt this season.