East Tenn State vs. Stetson: Full Game Preview
|East Tenn State||J Jones 16.3||L Wilson 5.7||P McClain 3.6|
|Stetson||C Perez 15.7||W Green 6.2||J Naburgs 3.8|
On Saturday, East Tennessee State heads to Edmunds Center to take on Stetson. It takes place at 3:15 p.m. EST. The Buccaneers fell to the Hatters 72-70 on Jan. 10 and are 5-5 against them over the last four years.
East Tennessee State is currently in seventh place in the conference and Stetson is in third.
The Buccaneers were defeated by Florida Gulf Coast 67-43 on Feb. 7 despite 12 points from Jarvis Jones. He leads the team with 16.3 points per game and 2.1 steals per game. In a 73-66 victory over USC Upstate on Feb. 7, Adam Pegg put up 19 points and 7 rebounds for the Hatters. He is averaging 15.7 points and 5.9 rebounds per game.
There are two important categories where Stetson has a statistical edge. The first is assists, where the Hatters have the upper hand, 16 per game to 10 per game. Stetson also has an advantage in scoring, 70 points per game to 62 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Stetson is strong in effective field goal percentage at 52.6 percent. This is good enough for second in the conference and 43rd in the nation.
- Hunter Harris is ranked 8th in the Atlantic Sun in blocks.
- Lester Wilson is ranked 4th in the Atlantic Sun in points, 9th in the Atlantic Sun in rebounds, and 15th nationally in three-pointers.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. East Tennessee State has a stronger schedule than Stetson this season (SOS Rank: #173 vs #245).
- At least you keep showing up. East Tennessee State has an average margin of victory of 16 over Stetson in 9 wins since 1984.
- We just win. East Tennessee State has more wins over the last 5 years than Stetson (110 vs 62).
- The East Tennessee State three-point leader (Lester Wilson, 67 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Stetson three-point leader (Aaron Graham, 48 three-pointers).
- East Tennessee State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (56.88% to 32.62%).
- The East Tennessee State rebounding leader (Lester Wilson, 137 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Stetson rebounding leader (Willie Green, 133 rebounds).
- Rashawn Rembert is ranked 10th in the Atlantic Sun in three-pointers.