(9-13, 4-7 away)
New Mexico State 76
(16-8, 11-1 home)
Venue: Pan American Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 07, 2013
|New Mexico State
||K Barone 26
||K Barone 7
||M McChristian 3
|New Mexico State
||S Bhullar 20
||B Sy 15
||D Mullings 4
On Thursday, February 7th, New Mexico State got by Idaho 76-74 in conference play. The Aggies now have a record of 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Sim Bhullar paced the Aggies and put up a team-high 20 points plus five rebounds. Bandja Sy also had a strong outing, scoring nine points and adding 15 rebounds. For the Vandals, Kyle Barone finished with a game-high 26 points and seven rebounds. Next up for New Mexico State (16-8, 10-2 WAC) is Seattle (7-15, 2-10 WAC) on Saturday, February 9th on their home court.
New Mexico State Game Notes
- New Mexico State started 16-8 during the 2002, 2001, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Idaho extended the New Mexico State winning streak to 10 games.
- The Aggies have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, New Mexico State is 26-24 in close games.
- The Aggies have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 30 or more field goals made.
- New Mexico State has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 53.6% or better.
- NMSU has won 92% of the time this season (12-1) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- This season New Mexico State has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Bandja Sy plays 40 minutes or more, 80% of the time (4-1) when Sim Bhullar has 4 free throws made or more, and 71% of the time (5-2) when Renaldo Dixon has 5 rebounds or more.
- NMSU set season lows for free throws made (8) and steals (2).
- The Aggies have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--NMSU has a 14.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Bandja Sy recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 13.
- The top two scorers (Sim Bhullar and Renaldo Dixon) accounted for 42.1% of the points.
- Bandja Sy accounted for 46.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Sim Bhullar has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 24 games this season.
- Bandja Sy has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 24 games this season.
- Bandja Sy recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Bandja Sy had career highs with 15 rebounds and 13 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Sim Bhullar's career.
- Sim Bhullar has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Idaho Game Notes
- The Vandals have lost 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Idaho is 27-28 in close games.
- Kyle Barone accounted for 35.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kyle Barone and Mansa Habeeb) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Kyle Barone has led the team in scoring 9 times and in rebounding 18 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Kyle Barone's career.
- Kyle Barone has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Kyle Barone set a career high with 10 field goals made.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Connor Hill's career.
- Connor Hill has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Connor Hill set a career high with 21 points.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Stephen Madison.
|-||R. Harris Jr.||4||0||0||1||0||0||0|
|B+||Terrel de Rouen||34||12||5||4||1||0||2|