NC State 85
(16-7, 4-5 away)
(4) Duke 98
(20-2, 16-0 home)
Venue: Cameron Indoor Stadium
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 07, 2013
||R Howell 23
||R Howell 9
||T Lewis 6
||M Plumlee 30
||M Plumlee 9
||T Thornton 6
NC State allowed 30 points from three-point territory to No. 4 Duke and was tripped up by the Blue Devils 98-85 in conference play on Thursday, February 7th. It was over at the half, as Duke jumped out to a 58-37 lead and never looked back. The Wolfpack now have a record of 1-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Wolfpack got a good effort from Richard Howell, who got a team-high 23 points and nine rebounds. Tyler Lewis also had a strong outing, scoring 13 points and adding six assists. For the Blue Devils, Mason Plumlee finished with a game-high 30 points and nine rebounds. NC State (16-7, 5-5 ACC) gets Clemson (12-10, 4-6 ACC) on the road on Sunday, February 10th.
NC State Game Notes
- The last time NCSU started the season 16-7 was 2011.
- Prior to this game, NCSU played 39 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 9-30.
- NC State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 11 or fewer free throws made.
- The Wolfpack set a season high for field goals made (35).
- NCSU set season lows for steals (2) and turnovers (7).
- The Wolfpack have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- Richard Howell recorded a team season high in field goals made with 11 and field goals attempted with 18.
- The top two scorers (Richard Howell and C.J. Leslie) accounted for 45.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Richard Howell and T.J. Warren) accounted for 51.6% of the rebounds.
- Richard Howell has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 16 times in 23 games this season.
- C.J. Leslie has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for C.J. Leslie.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Richard Howell's career.
- Richard Howell has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 6th foul out of the season for Richard Howell.
- Richard Howell had a career high with 11 field goals made.
Duke Game Notes
- Mason Plumlee recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12 and free throws attempted with 16.
- Seth Curry tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 12.
- Mason Plumlee accounted for 30.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mason Plumlee and Amile Jefferson) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Mason Plumlee has led the team in scoring 9 times and in rebounding 20 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Mason Plumlee's career.
- Mason Plumlee set a career high with 12 free throws made.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Quinn Cook's career.
- Quinn Cook has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Quinn Cook set a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- This marks the 37th 20-point game of Seth Curry's career.
- Seth Curry has 3 straight 20+ point games.