(1) Indiana 72
(20-3, 6-1 away)
(16-8, 12-5 home)
Venue: Assembly Hall (IL)
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 07, 2013
||C Zeller 14
||C Zeller 9
||V Oladipo 5
||D Richardson 23
||T Griffey 8
||T Abrams 3
No. 1 Indiana faced off with Illinois on Thursday, February 7th and was stunned by the Fighting Illini 74-72 in conference play. Illinois was down 41-29 at the half, but came out strong in the second half to get the comeback victory. The Hoosiers got a good effort from Cody Zeller, who got a team-high 14 points and nine rebounds. Victor Oladipo had nine points and added five assists. For the Fighting Illini, D.J. Richardson got a game-high 23 points on 53% shooting. The next game will be on Sunday, February 10th when Indiana (20-3, 8-2 Big Ten) travels to 10th-ranked Ohio State (17-5, 7-3 Big Ten).
Indiana Game Notes
- The last time IU started the season 20-3 was 2007.
- The Hoosiers have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Indiana is 22-24 in close games.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 44.8% or better this season, Indiana has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- IU set a season low for rebounds (30).
- The Hoosiers have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Hoosiers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two rebounders (Cody Zeller and Christian Watford) accounted for 56.6% of the rebounds.
- Cody Zeller has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 11 times in 23 games this season.
- Cody Zeller has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Watford has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Hulls has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Illinois Game Notes
- D.J. Richardson accounted for 31.0% of the team's points.
- Tyler Griffey accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (11) than the starters (10).
- D.J. Richardson has led the team in scoring 4 times in 24 games this season.
- Tyler Griffey has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of D.J. Richardson's career.
- D.J. Richardson has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Brandon Paul's career.
- Brandon Paul has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Sam McLaurin set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- This was the 7th foul out of the season for Nnanna Egwu.