On Monday, February 4th, North Carolina A&T shot just 29% from the field and was edged by Delaware State 53-44 in conference play. Austin Witter put up three points plus 12 rebounds in the Aggies loss. Jean Louisme had 16 points and added three rebounds. Albert Thomas got two points and four assists for the Hornets. North Carolina A&T (11-12, 4-3 MEAC) gets Bethune-Cookman (9-11, 4-3 MEAC) at home on Saturday, February 9th.
North Carolina A&T Game Notes
- The last time NCAT started the season 11-12 was 1999.
- North Carolina A&T has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 44 or fewer total points.
- North Carolina A&T has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after committing 11 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 43.9% or better this season, North Carolina A&T has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- NCAT set a season low for blocks (2).
- North Carolina A&T has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Aggies opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Jean Louisme accounted for 36.3% of the team's points.
- Austin Witter accounted for 41.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Jean Louisme has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 23 games this season.
- Austin Witter has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 23 games this season.
- Lamont Middleton has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Austin Witter recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Delaware State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Amere May and Tahj Tate) accounted for 43.3% of the points.
- Kendall Gray has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 21 games this season.