On Monday, February 4th, Delaware State held North Carolina A&T to just 29% from the floor and beat the Aggies 53-44 in conference play. Albert Thomas paced the Hornets and put up two points and four assists. Tyshawn Bell had seven points and added four rebounds. Austin Witter got three points and 12 rebounds for the Aggies. Delaware State (10-11, 5-2 MEAC) heads to Norfolk State (14-10, 9-0 MEAC) on Saturday, February 9th.
Delaware State Game Notes
- Delaware State started 10-11 during the 2011, 2004, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The Hornets have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 35 or more rebounds.
- Delaware State has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when its field goal percentage has been 43.9% or better.
- DelSt has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 9 or fewer assists.
- DelSt has won 75% of the time this season (9-3) after holding an opponent to under 29.2% three-point percentage.
- This season Delaware State has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Marques Oliver has 3 blocks or more.
- This is the 1st win of the season where the Hornets came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--DelSt has a 13.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Amere May and Tahj Tate) accounted for 43.3% of the points.
- Kendall Gray has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 21 games this season.
North Carolina A&T Game Notes
- Jean Louisme accounted for 36.3% of the team's points.
- Austin Witter accounted for 41.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Jean Louisme has led the team in scoring 7 times in 23 games this season.
- Austin Witter has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 23 games this season.
- Lamont Middleton has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Austin Witter recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.