Mississippi State 75
(7-14, 1-8 away)
(18-4, 12-1 home)
Venue: Tad Smith Coliseum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||C Sword 17
||G Ware 7
||T Bloodman 5
||M Henderson 31
||M Holloway 8
||D Millinghaus 5
On Wednesday, February 6th, Ole Miss took on Mississippi State and easily got by the Bulldogs 93-75 in SEC play. The game was never in question, with Ole Miss taking an insurmountable 42-23 lead into the locker room at halftime. Marshall Henderson put up his third straight game with 21 points or more for the Rebels, scoring a game-high 31 points (4 Ast 3 Reb) in 37 minutes. Marshall Henderson had an impressive game for the Rebels and got a game-high 31 points (4 Ast 3 Reb), sinking 6 of 14 from three-point range. Murphy Holloway also had an excellent outing, scoring a season-high 24 points and adding eight rebounds. Jalen Steele got 15 points and three rebounds for the Bulldogs. Ole Miss (18-4, 7-2 SEC) takes on 21st-ranked Missouri (16-5, 5-3 SEC) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Ole Miss Game Notes
- The last time Ole Miss started the season 18-4 was 2000.
- Ole Miss beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Rebels have beaten the spread.
- Ole Miss has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.8% or better.
- The Rebels have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 18 or more assists.
- Ole Miss has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Ole Miss has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 21.7% three-point percentage.
- Ole Miss has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 1 or fewer blocks.
- This season Ole Miss has won 100% of the time (9-0) when Jarvis Summers has 11 points or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when Murphy Holloway plays 36 minutes or more, and 89% of the time (8-1) when Reginald Buckner has 4 field goals made or more.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Ole Miss has a 20.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Marshall Henderson accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Murphy Holloway and Reginald Buckner) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Marshall Henderson has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 22 games this season.
- Murphy Holloway has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Marshall Henderson's career.
- Marshall Henderson has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Murphy Holloway's career.
- Murphy Holloway has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Mississippi State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to 7 games.
- The top two scorers (Craig Sword and Jalen Steele) accounted for 42.6% of the points.
- Craig Sword has led the team in scoring 4 times in 21 games this season.
- Gavin Ware has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 21 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Roquez Johnson.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Colin Borchert.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Gavin Ware.