Mississippi State 75
(7-14, 1-8 away)
(18-4, 12-1 home)
Venue: Tad Smith Coliseum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||C Sword 17
||G Ware 7
||T Bloodman 5
||M Henderson 31
||M Holloway 8
||D Millinghaus 5
On Wednesday, February 6th, Mississippi State lost big against Ole Miss 93-75 in conference play. The game got away from Mississippi State early, as they dug themselves a 42-23 hole at halftime and never got back into it. The Bulldogs got 15 points and three rebounds from Jalen Steele. Craig Sword had 17 points and added five rebounds. Marshall Henderson put up his third straight game with 21 points or more for the Rebels, scoring a game-high 31 points (4 Ast 3 Reb) in 37 minutes. For the Rebels, Marshall Henderson got a game-high 31 points (4 Ast 3 Reb), including 6-of-14 shooting from three-point range. Next up for Mississippi State (7-14, 2-7 SEC) is second-ranked Florida (18-3, 8-1 SEC) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Mississippi State Game Notes
- Mississippi State has lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after recording 6 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 93 or more total points this season, Mississippi State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 30 or more field goals made this season, Mississippi State has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.8% or better this season, Mississippi State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- MState set a season low for blocks (1).
- The top two scorers (Craig Sword and Jalen Steele) accounted for 42.6% of the points.
- Craig Sword has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 21 games this season.
- Gavin Ware has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 21 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Roquez Johnson.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Colin Borchert.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Gavin Ware.
Ole Miss Game Notes
- Marshall Henderson accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Murphy Holloway and Reginald Buckner) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Marshall Henderson has led the team in scoring 14 times in 22 games this season.
- Murphy Holloway has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Marshall Henderson's career.
- Marshall Henderson has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Murphy Holloway's career.
- Murphy Holloway has 3 straight double-digit point games.