On Wednesday, February 6th, LSU just barely slipped by Vanderbilt 57-56 in conference play. The Tigers were led by Anthony Hickey, who put up a team-high 14 points plus seven rebounds. Andrew Del Piero got six points and added three rebounds. For the Commodores, Dai-Jon Parker got 11 points and nine rebounds. LSU (13-7, 4-5 SEC) travels to Alabama (14-8, 6-3 SEC) on Saturday, February 9th.
LSU Game Notes
- LSU started 13-7 during the 2006, 2004, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Vanderbilt extended the LSU winning streak to 3 games.
- The Tigers have won 5 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, LSU is 25-23 in close games.
- The Tigers have won 80% of the time this season (8-2) after recording 4 or more blocks.
- LSU has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- This season LSU has won 73% of the time (8-3) when Shavon Coleman plays 32 minutes or more and 100% of the time (5-0) when Anthony Hickey has 5 assists or more.
- LSU set season lows for field goals made (18) and steals (5).
- The Tigers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- LSU has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--LSU has a 7.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Hickey and Johnny O`Bryant III) accounted for 42.1% of the points.
- Anthony Hickey has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 4 times in 20 games this season.
- Anthony Hickey has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Hickey had career highs with 4 three-pointers, 7 rebounds, and 7 defensive rebounds.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Charles Carmouche had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- The Commodores have lost 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Vanderbilt is 20-23 in close games.
- This loss extended the Commodores losing streak to 4 games.
- Rod Odom accounted for 35.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Dai-Jon Parker and Sheldon Jeter) accounted for 42.1% of the rebounds.
- Rod Odom has led the team in scoring 3 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Rod Odom's career.
- Rod Odom set a career high with 20 points.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Josh Henderson.