(8-13, 3-6 away)
Venue: Pete Maravich Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||R Odom 20
||D Parker 9
||K Johnson 5
||A Hickey 14
||A Hickey 7
||A Hickey 5
Vanderbilt faced off with LSU on Wednesday, February 6th and let one slip away to the Tigers 57-56 in conference play. The Commodores got 11 points and nine rebounds from Dai-Jon Parker. Sheldon Jeter also had a great game, scoring six points and adding seven rebounds. Anthony Hickey got a team-high 14 points and seven rebounds for the Tigers. Vanderbilt (8-13, 2-7 SEC) gets Arkansas (14-8, 5-4 SEC) at home on Saturday, February 9th.
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- Vandy beat the spread by 5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Commodores have beaten the spread.
- The Commodores have been unlucky 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Vanderbilt is 20-23 in close games.
- Vanderbilt has lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- The Commodores have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 31.5% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 42.9% or better this season, Vanderbilt has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 9 or more three-pointers this season, Vanderbilt has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- Rod Odom accounted for 35.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Dai-Jon Parker and Sheldon Jeter) accounted for 42.1% of the rebounds.
- Rod Odom has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Rod Odom's career.
- Rod Odom had a career high with 20 points.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Josh Henderson.
LSU Game Notes
- The Tigers won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, LSU is 25-23 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Hickey and Johnny O`Bryant III) accounted for 42.1% of the points.
- Anthony Hickey has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 4 times in 20 games this season.
- Anthony Hickey has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Hickey set career highs with 4 three-pointers, 7 rebounds, and 7 defensive rebounds.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Charles Carmouche set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
|B+||A. Del Piero||12||6||3||1||0||0||0|
|B-||J. O`Bryant III||26||10||5||2||0||0||1|