On a night when they scored 33 points from beyond the three-point line, Georgia won on the road versus Tennessee 68-62 in conference play. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope had a big game for the Bulldogs and got a game-high 24 points, shooting 5 of 7 from three-point range. Kenny Gaines had a season-high 12 points. Jarnell Stokes recorded a double-double for the Volunteers on 16 points and 11 rebounds. Georgia (11-11, 5-4 SEC) takes on Texas A&M (13-8, 3-5 SEC) on Saturday, February 9th at home.
Georgia Game Notes
- The last time UGA started the season 11-11 was 1997.
- The win over Tennessee extended the Georgia winning streak to 4 games.
- UGA beat the spread by 12 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 23 or more field goals made.
- UGA has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record 18 or fewer field goals made.
- UGA has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) after holding an opponent to under 27.3% three-point percentage.
- The Bulldogs set a season high for three-pointers (11).
- The last time UGA recorded at least 11 three-pointers was Feb 11, 2012 against Mississippi State.
- UGA set season lows for blocks (1) and rebounds (24).
- The Bulldogs have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 5 games.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope accounted for 35.2% of the team's points.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has led the team in scoring in 20 out of 22 games this season.
- Donte` Williams has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Kentavious Caldwell-Pope's career.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has 22 straight double-digit point games.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope had a career high with a 75% field goal percentage.
Tennessee Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jordan McRae and Jarnell Stokes) accounted for 53.2% of the points.
- Jarnell Stokes accounted for 42.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan McRae has led the team in scoring 9 times in 21 games this season.
- Jarnell Stokes has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 21 games this season.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jarnell Stokes has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jarnell Stokes has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 3 straight games.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 10th of his career.