In a low-scoring affair, Alabama was tripped up by Auburn 49-37 in conference play. The Crimson Tide were led by Rodney Cooper, who put up 11 points and seven rebounds. Levi Randolph had two points and added seven rebounds. For the Tigers, Allen Payne got a team-high 11 points and six rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 9th when Alabama (14-8, 6-3 SEC) welcomes LSU (13-7, 4-5 SEC).
Alabama Game Notes
- Alabama started 14-8 during the 2005 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- Alabama set season lows for assists (7), blocks (0), field goals made (14), field goal percentage (0.286), three-pointers (2), three-point percentage (0.105), and total points (37).
- This is the 4th loss of the season where the Crimson Tide opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Trevor Releford and Rodney Cooper) accounted for 59.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Levi Randolph and Rodney Cooper) accounted for 46.6% of the rebounds.
- Trevor Releford has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 22 games this season.
- Levi Randolph has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 22 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Trevor Lacey.
Auburn Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Allen Payne and Josh Wallace) accounted for 44.8% of the points.
- Allen Payne has led the team in scoring 3 times in 22 games this season.
- Rob Chubb has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 22 games this season.