In a low-scoring matchup, Auburn defeated Alabama 49-37 in conference action. Allen Payne led the Tigers and put up a team-high 11 points and six rebounds. Josh Wallace had 11 points and added two rebounds. For the Crimson Tide, Rodney Cooper finished with 11 points and seven rebounds. Auburn (9-13, 3-6 SEC) takes on Kentucky (16-6, 7-2 SEC) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Auburn Game Notes
- Auburn beat the spread by 15 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- Auburn has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 7 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Auburn has won 71% of the time (5-2) when Allen Payne has 6 rebounds or more.
- Auburn set season lows for assists (7), field goals made (15), and total points (49).
- This is the 6th win of the season where the Tigers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Auburn has a 6.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Allen Payne and Josh Wallace) accounted for 44.8% of the points.
- Allen Payne has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 22 games this season.
- Rob Chubb has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 22 games this season.
Alabama Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Trevor Releford and Rodney Cooper) accounted for 59.4% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Levi Randolph and Rodney Cooper) accounted for 46.6% of the rebounds.
- Trevor Releford has led the team in scoring 10 times in 22 games this season.
- Levi Randolph has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 22 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Trevor Lacey.