On Wednesday, February 6th, Oregon State took on Utah and easily defeated the Utes 82-64 in Pac 12 action. Joe Burton secured a double-double in the Beavers win with 17 points and 10 assists. Eric Moreland also had a great outing, scoring nine points and adding 15 rebounds. For the Utes, Brandon Taylor got a season-high 21 points on 55% shooting. Oregon State (12-11, 2-8 Pac 12) welcomes Colorado (14-7, 4-5 Pac 12) on Sunday, February 10th.
Oregon State Game Notes
- Oregon State started 12-11 during the 2002, 1998, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- OSU beat the spread by 10 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Beavers have beaten the spread.
- The Beavers have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 82 or more total points.
- This season Oregon State has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Joe Burton has 17 points or more, 100% of the time (4-0) when Roberto Nelson has 3 three-pointers or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Eric Moreland has 4 blocks or more.
- The Beavers set a season high for free throws made (25).
- The last time OSU recorded at least 25 free throws made was Jan 19, 2012 against UCLA.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--OSU has a 8.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Joe Burton recorded a team season high in assists with 10.
- Roberto Nelson accounted for 31.7% of the team's points.
- Eric Moreland accounted for 36.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Roberto Nelson has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 23 games this season.
- Eric Moreland has led the team in rebounding in 19 out of 23 games this season.
- This game was the 2nd double-digit assist game of Joe Burton's career.
- Joe Burton has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Joe Burton recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 8th of his career.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Roberto Nelson's career.
- Roberto Nelson has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Eric Moreland recorded the 23rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Eric Moreland had a career high with 6 offensive rebounds.
Utah Game Notes
- Brandon Taylor recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 11.
- Brandon Taylor accounted for 32.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Loveridge and Jason Washburn) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Brandon Taylor has led the team in scoring 3 times in 22 games this season.
- Jordan Loveridge has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Brandon Taylor's career.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Jarred DuBois's career.