(14-9, 2-6 away)
(7) Arizona 73
(20-2, 12-1 home)
Venue: McKale Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||D Powell 24
||J Huestis 10
||D Powell 4
||M Lyons 25
||K Parrom 9
||M Lyons 6
Stanford was clipped by No. 7 Arizona 73-66 in conference play on Wednesday, February 6th. The Cardinal now have a record of 1-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Dwight Powell secured a double-double in a losing effort including a team-high 24 points and 10 rebounds. Josh Huestis played his way to a double-double as well with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Mark Lyons finished with a season-high 25 points and six assists for the Wildcats. Stanford (14-9, 5-5 Pac 12) heads to Arizona State (17-5, 6-3 Pac 12) on Saturday, February 9th.
Stanford Game Notes
- The last time Stanford started the season 14-9 was 2004.
- Stanford beat the spread by 3 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Cardinal have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Stanford played 25 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 10-15.
- Stanford has lost 75% of the time this season (2-6) after recording 66 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.3% or better this season, Stanford has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, Stanford has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Stanford has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- Stanford set a season low for steals (1).
- The Cardinal have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 8 games.
- Stanford has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Cardinal opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Dwight Powell recorded a team season high in free throws made with 10.
- Dwight Powell accounted for 36.3% of the team's points.
- Dwight Powell accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Dwight Powell has led the team in scoring 9 times and in rebounding 11 times in 23 games this season.
- Chasson Randle has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Dwight Powell's career.
- Dwight Powell has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Dwight Powell recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 9th of his career.
- Dwight Powell had a career high with 10 free throws made.
- Josh Huestis recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Josh Huestis has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Josh Huestis recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 7th of his career.
Arizona Game Notes
- Mark Lyons recorded a team season high in points with 25.
- Mark Lyons accounted for 34.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kevin Parrom and Angelo Chol) accounted for 45.9% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (15).
- Mark Lyons has led the team in scoring 12 times in 22 games this season.
- Kevin Parrom has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Solomon Hill's career.
- Solomon Hill has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Mark Lyons's career.
- Mark Lyons has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Kevin Parrom set a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Brandon Ashley.