Air Force 58
(14-7, 3-6 away)
(15) New Mexico 81
(20-3, 14-1 home)
Venue: The Pit
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||M Fitzgerald 16
||T Broekhuis 4
||T Fletcher 6
||T Snell 14
||C Bairstow 9
||K Williams 7
No. 15 New Mexico pounded Air Force 81-58 in conference play on Wednesday, February 6th. The Lobos got the win with a team-high 14 points and nine rebounds from Cameron Bairstow. Kendall Williams had 11 points and added seven assists (6 Reb 4 Stl). Mike Fitzgerald finished with a game-high 16 points and three rebounds for the Falcons. The next game will be on Saturday, February 9th when New Mexico (20-3, 7-1 MWC) travels to UNLV (17-6, 4-4 MWC).
New Mexico Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:09 left to go.
- New Mexico started 20-3 during the 2009 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Air Force extended the New Mexico winning streak to 3 games.
- Lobos beat the spread by 12 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Lobos have beaten the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Lobos has been on the winning end of 39 blowout games.
- The Lobos have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 26 or more field goals made.
- New Mexico has won every game this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.1% or better.
- New Mexico has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Lobos has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 20 or fewer field goals made.
- Lobos has won every game this season (11-0) after holding an opponent to under 40.0% field goal percentage.
- This season New Mexico has won 81% of the time (13-3) when Kendall Williams has 11 points or more, 100% of the time (9-0) when Hugh Greenwood has 4 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (5-0) when Cameron Bairstow has 6 free throws made or more.
- The Lobos have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 14 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Lobos has a 12.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kendall Williams recorded a team season high in steals with 4.
- The top two rebounders (Cameron Bairstow and Alex Kirk) accounted for 43.5% of the rebounds.
- Cameron Bairstow has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 4 times in 23 games this season.
- Kendall Williams had a career high with 4 steals.
- Hugh Greenwood has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Air Force Game Notes
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, AF has been on the losing end of 18 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Mike Fitzgerald and Michael Lyons) accounted for 55.1% of the points.
- Mike Fitzgerald has led the team in scoring 5 times in 21 games this season.
- Michael Lyons has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 21 games this season.
- Michael Lyons has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Todd Fletcher.