Air Force 58
(14-7, 3-6 away)
(15) New Mexico 81
(20-3, 14-1 home)
Venue: The Pit
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||M Fitzgerald 16
||T Broekhuis 4
||T Fletcher 6
||T Snell 14
||C Bairstow 9
||K Williams 7
On Wednesday, February 6th, Air Force took on No. 15 New Mexico and was destroyed by the Lobos 81-58 in conference play. The Falcons now have a record of 1-4 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Mike Fitzgerald put up a game-high 16 points and three rebounds in the Falcons loss. Taylor Broekhuis scored five points and added four rebounds. For the Lobos, Cameron Bairstow got a team-high 14 points and nine rebounds. Air Force (13-7, 5-3 MWC) takes on Nevada (11-11, 2-6 MWC) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Air Force Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:09 left to go.
- The last time AF started the season 14-7 was 2004.
- Prior to this game, AF played 18 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 2-16.
- The Falcons have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 40.0% or worse.
- Air Force has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 20 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition records 81 or more total points this season, Air Force has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 45.0% or better this season, Air Force has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 39 or more rebounds this season, Air Force has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- The top two scorers (Mike Fitzgerald and Michael Lyons) accounted for 55.1% of the points.
- Mike Fitzgerald has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 21 games this season.
- Michael Lyons has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 21 games this season.
- Michael Lyons has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Todd Fletcher.
New Mexico Game Notes
- Kendall Williams recorded a team season high in steals with 4.
- The top two rebounders (Cameron Bairstow and Alex Kirk) accounted for 43.5% of the rebounds.
- Cameron Bairstow has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 4 times in 23 games this season.
- Kendall Williams set a career high with 4 steals.
- Hugh Greenwood has 3 straight double-digit point games.