Illinois State 94
(14-10, 4-5 away)
(11-12, 8-5 home)
Venue: Knapp Center
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 06, 2013
||T Brown 25
||J Ekey 8
||T Brown 9
||R Carter 17
||J Clarke 10
||R Carter 6
On Wednesday, February 6th, Illinois State took on Drake and got a road victory against the Bulldogs 94-86 in conference play. Drake led 51-40 at the half, but then Illinois State came out of the locker room and fought their way back in the second half. The Redbirds improve their record to 0-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. The Redbirds were led by Tyler Brown, who put up a game-high 25 points plus nine assists (4 Reb 4 Stl). Johnny Hill had nine points and added seven rebounds. Jordan Clarke registered a double-double for the Bulldogs on 12 points and 10 rebounds. Next up for Illinois State (14-10, 5-7 The Valley) is 16th-ranked Creighton (20-4, 9-3 The Valley) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Illinois State Game Notes
- IllSt beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Redbirds have beaten the spread.
- The Redbirds have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 20 or more assists.
- Illinois State has won 82% of the time this season (9-2) when its field goal percentage has been 48.3% or better.
- IllSt has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 4 or fewer steals.
- This season Illinois State has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Jackie Carmichael has 23 points or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Jon Ekey has 8 rebounds or more.
- The Redbirds set a season high for free throws made (32).
- The last time IllSt recorded at least 32 free throws made was Nov 14, 2010 against SIU Edwardsville.
- The Redbirds have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Redbirds came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Tyler Brown and Jackie Carmichael) accounted for 51.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jon Ekey and Johnny Hill) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Tyler Brown has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 24 games this season.
- Jon Ekey has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Tyler Brown's career.
- Tyler Brown has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Tyler Brown had a career high with 9 assists.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Jackie Carmichael's career.
- Jackie Carmichael has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for John Wilkins.
Drake Game Notes
- Jordan Clarke accounted for 31.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Richard Carter has led the team in scoring 5 times in 23 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 23 games this season.
- Chris Hines set a career high with 5 assists.
- Jordan Clarke recorded the 19th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jordan Clarke has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Clarke recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 10th of his career.
- Joey King has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|B||Gary Ricks Jr.||12||5||3||1||0||0||0|