(16) Creighton 57
(20-4, 7-3 away)
Indiana State 76
(15-8, 10-1 home)
Venue: Hulman Center
7:05PM ET / 4:05PM PT, February 06, 2013
||W Artino 13
||G Echenique 7
||G Gibbs 6
||J Odum 22
||M Arop 7
||J Odum 5
On Wednesday, Feb. 6, Indiana State took on No. 16 Creighton and won big over the Bluejays 76-57 in The Valley action. With the win, the Sycamores go to 2-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Sycamores got the win with a game-high 22 points and five assists from Jake Odum. Manny Arop also had a solid outing, scoring 13 points and adding seven rebounds. For the Bluejays, Grant Gibbs got eight points and six assists. Indiana State (15-8, 8-4 The Valley) takes on Southern Illinois (9-14, 2-10 The Valley) on Saturday, Feb. 9 on their home court.
Indiana State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:03 left to go.
- ISU beat the spread by 24 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Sycamores have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, ISU played 15 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 2-13.
- The Sycamores have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 76 or more total points.
- Indiana State has won every game this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.1 percent or better.
- ISU has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 57 or fewer total points.
- This season Indiana State has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Jake Odum has eight free throws made or more and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Manny Arop has seven rebounds or more.
- ISU set a season low for turnovers (five).
- The Sycamores have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--ISU has a 8.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jake Odum and R.J. Mahurin) accounted for 51.3 percent of the points.
- Jake Odum has led the team in scoring in eight out of 23 games this season.
- Manny Arop has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Jake Odum's career.
- Jake Odum has four straight double-digit point games.
- R.J. Mahurin had a career high with six field goals made.
Creighton Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Gregory Echenique and Doug McDermott) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Gregory Echenique has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 24 games this season.