(16) Creighton 57
(20-4, 7-3 away)
Indiana State 76
(15-8, 10-1 home)
Venue: Hulman Center
7:05PM ET / 4:05PM PT, February 06, 2013
||W Artino 13
||G Echenique 7
||G Gibbs 6
||J Odum 22
||M Arop 7
||J Odum 5
On Wednesday, Feb. 6, No. 16 Creighton lost big against Indiana State 76-57 in conference play. With the loss, the Bluejays tie the season series against Indiana State at 1-1. The Bluejays were paced by Grant Gibbs, who put up eight points and six assists. Gregory Echenique had eight points and added seven rebounds. For the Sycamores, Jake Odum got a game-high 22 points and five assists. Creighton (20-4, 9-3 The Valley) takes on Illinois State (14-10, 5-7 The Valley) on Saturday, Feb. 9 at home.
Creighton Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:03 left to go.
- Creighton set season lows for assists (10), field goals made (20), steals (two), three-pointers (five), and total points (57).
- The Bluejays have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- The top two rebounders (Gregory Echenique and Doug McDermott) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Gregory Echenique has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 24 games this season.
Indiana State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jake Odum and R.J. Mahurin) accounted for 51.3 percent of the points.
- Jake Odum has led the team in scoring eight times in 23 games this season.
- Manny Arop has led the team in rebounding eight times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Jake Odum's career.
- Jake Odum has four straight double-digit point games.
- R.J. Mahurin set a career high with six field goals made.