Kent State 76
(12-11, 5-5 away)
Western Michigan 82
(15-7, 8-1 home)
Venue: University Arena (MI)
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||C Evans 19
||C Evans 9
||K Thomas 3
||D Brown 22
||S Whittington 13
||A Richie 5
Western Michigan came out on top against Kent State 82-76 in MAC action on Wednesday, February 6th. Shayne Whittington earned a double-double in the win with 21 points and 13 rebounds. Nate Hutcheson had 15 points and added four rebounds. For the Golden Flashes, Chris Evans finished with a team-high 19 points and nine rebounds. Western Michigan (15-7, 7-2 MAC) gets Ball State (8-13, 2-7 MAC) on the road on Saturday, February 9th.
Western Michigan Game Notes
- Western Michigan started 15-7 during the 2004 and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Kent State extended the Western Michigan winning streak to 7 games.
- WMU beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Broncos have beaten the spread.
- Western Michigan has won every game this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.1% or better.
- The Broncos have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 7 or more three-pointers.
- WMU has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record 27 or fewer rebounds.
- WMU has won 78% of the time this season (14-4) after holding an opponent to under 42.3% field goal percentage.
- This season Western Michigan has won 89% of the time (8-1) when Shayne Whittington has 6 field goals made or more and 100% of the time (7-0) when Austin Richie has 5 assists or more.
- The Broncos set a season high for free throws made (27).
- The last time WMU recorded at least 27 free throws made was Jan 03, 2012 against Milwaukee.
- The Broncos have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 7 games.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Broncos came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--WMU has a 12.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- David Brown recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 14.
- The top two scorers (David Brown and Shayne Whittington) accounted for 52.4% of the points.
- Shayne Whittington accounted for 37.1% of the team's rebounds.
- David Brown has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 22 games this season.
- Shayne Whittington has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Shayne Whittington's career.
- Shayne Whittington has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Shayne Whittington recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 8th of his career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of David Brown's career.
Kent State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Chris Evans and Randal Holt) accounted for 48.6% of the points.
- Chris Evans accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Chris Evans has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 14 times in 23 games this season.
- Darren Goodson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Darren Goodson.
- Kris Brewer set career highs with a 100% field goal percentage, 4 three-pointers, and a 100% three-point percentage.
- This was the 5th foul out of the season for Mark Henniger.