Bowling Green pounded Northern Illinois 57-41 in MAC action on a night when the Huskies shot just 27% from the floor. Bowling Green took a commanding 30-15 lead at halftime and never looked back. A`uston Calhoun secured a double-double in the win including a game-high 15 points and 12 rebounds. Richaun Holmes also had a good outing, scoring a season-high 11 points and adding five rebounds. For the Huskies, Keith Gray finished with four points and three rebounds. Next up for Bowling Green (9-13, 4-5 MAC) is Ohio (16-6, 7-1 MAC) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Bowling Green Game Notes
- Bowling Green started 9-13 during the 2005 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- BGSU beat the spread by 13.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Falcons have beaten the spread.
- The top two scorers (A`uston Calhoun and Richaun Holmes) accounted for 45.6% of the points.
- A`uston Calhoun accounted for 35.2% of the team's rebounds.
- A`uston Calhoun has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 18 times in 22 games this season.
- A`uston Calhoun recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- A`uston Calhoun has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- A`uston Calhoun recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 9th of his career.
- Luke Kraus had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
Northern Illinois Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Abdel Nader and Darrell Bowie) accounted for 43.9% of the points.
- Abdel Nader has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 7 times in 21 games this season.
- Abdel Nader has 3 straight double-digit point games.