Bowling Green 57
(9-13, 1-10 away)
Northern Illinois 41
(5-16, 3-7 home)
Venue: Convocation Center (IL)
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||A Calhoun 15
||A Calhoun 12
||J Crawford 3
||A Nader 12
||A Nader 8
||D Balls 2
Northern Illinois shot just 27% from the field and was destroyed by Bowling Green 57-41 in conference play on Wednesday, February 6th. The game was pretty much decided at halftime, with Bowling Green up 30-15. The Huskies got four points and three rebounds from Keith Gray. Abdel Nader had 12 points and added eight rebounds. A`uston Calhoun recorded a double-double for the Falcons with a game-high 15 points and 12 rebounds. Northern Illinois (4-16, 2-6 MAC) takes on Buffalo (8-15, 3-6 MAC) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Northern Illinois Game Notes
- Northern Illinois started 5-16 during the 2007 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- Northern Illinois has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 41 or fewer total points.
- The Huskies have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 27.5% or worse.
- Northern Illinois has lost 91% of the time this season (1-10) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 10 or more steals this season, Northern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 5 or more blocks this season, Northern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-10).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 43.1% or better this season, Northern Illinois has lost 85% of the time (2-11).
- NIU set season lows for assists (4) and blocks (0).
- Northern Illinois has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 7 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--NIU has a -6.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Abdel Nader and Darrell Bowie) accounted for 43.9% of the points.
- Abdel Nader has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 7 times in 21 games this season.
- Abdel Nader has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Bowling Green Game Notes
- The top two scorers (A`uston Calhoun and Richaun Holmes) accounted for 45.6% of the points.
- A`uston Calhoun accounted for 35.2% of the team's rebounds.
- A`uston Calhoun has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 18 times in 22 games this season.
- A`uston Calhoun recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- A`uston Calhoun has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- A`uston Calhoun recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 9th of his career.
- Luke Kraus set a career high with 3 three-pointers.