Ball State 42
(8-13, 5-7 home)
Venue: Worthen Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||W Offutt 17
||I Baltic 8
||D Cooper 5
||J Scaife 18
||M Majok 9
||M Posley 3
Ohio easily beat Ball State 69-42 in MAC action on a night when the Cardinals shot just 27% from the floor. The game lacked drama, as Ohio led 34-14 at the half and never allowed Ball State back in it. Reggie Keely played well for the Bobcats and put up nine points plus seven rebounds. Walter Offutt had a team-high 17 points and added four rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). For the Cardinals, Jauwan Scaife finished with a game-high 18 points and two rebounds. Ohio (16-6, 7-1 MAC) hosts Bowling Green (9-13, 4-5 MAC) on Saturday, February 9th.
Ohio Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:05 left to go.
- Ohio beat the spread by 17 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Bobcats have beaten the spread.
- This was the 7th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Ohio has been on the winning end of 22 blowout games.
- The Bobcats have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 5 or more blocks.
- Ohio has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- Ohio has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after holding an opponent to under 25.0% three-point percentage.
- This season Ohio has won 85% of the time (11-2) when Ivo Baltic has 4 field goals made or more and 78% of the time (14-4) when D.J Cooper has 5 assists or more.
- The Bobcats set a season high for rebounds (38).
- The bench recorded more rebounds (19) than the starters (17).
- Walter Offutt has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 22 games this season.
- Ivo Baltic has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 22 games this season.
- Jon Smith had a career high with 4 blocks.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for T.J. Hall.
Ball State Game Notes
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, BallSt has been on the losing end of 14 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Cardinals losing streak to 3 games.
- Jauwan Scaife accounted for 42.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Matt Kamieniecki and Majok Majok) accounted for 43.9% of the rebounds.
- Jauwan Scaife has led the team in scoring 8 times in 21 games this season.
- Matt Kamieniecki has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 21 games this season.
- Jauwan Scaife has 7 straight double-digit point games.