Ball State 42
(8-13, 5-7 home)
Venue: Worthen Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||W Offutt 17
||I Baltic 8
||D Cooper 5
||J Scaife 18
||M Majok 9
||M Posley 3
Ball State shot just 27% from the field and lost big against Ohio 69-42 in conference play on Wednesday, February 6th. The game was never competitive, as Ohio went up 34-14 at the half and never looked back. The Cardinals were led by Jauwan Scaife, who put up a game-high 18 points and two rebounds. Matt Kamieniecki had six points and added nine rebounds. For the Bobcats, Reggie Keely got nine points and seven rebounds. Next up for Ball State (8-13, 2-7 MAC) is Western Michigan (15-7, 7-2 MAC) on Saturday, February 9th on their home court.
Ball State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:05 left to go.
- The last time BallSt started the season 8-13 was 2005.
- The Cardinals have lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after having a three-point percentage of 25.0% or worse.
- Ball State has lost 77% of the time this season (3-10) after recording 5 or fewer three-pointers.
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Ball State has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 38 or more rebounds this season, Ball State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 69 or more total points this season, Ball State has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- The Cardinals set a season high for turnovers (22).
- The last time BallSt recorded at least 22 turnovers was Jan 28, 2012 against Ohio.
- BallSt set season lows for field goals made (13), field goal percentage (0.265), and total points (42).
- The Cardinals have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 4 games.
- Ball State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--BallSt has a -1.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jauwan Scaife accounted for 42.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Matt Kamieniecki and Majok Majok) accounted for 43.9% of the rebounds.
- Jauwan Scaife has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 21 games this season.
- Matt Kamieniecki has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 21 games this season.
- Jauwan Scaife has 7 straight double-digit point games.
Ohio Game Notes
- The bench recorded more rebounds (19) than the starters (17).
- Walter Offutt has led the team in scoring 6 times in 22 games this season.
- Ivo Baltic has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 22 games this season.
- Jon Smith set a career high with 4 blocks.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for T.J. Hall.