New Jersey Tech turned the ball over only nine times and waxed Colgate 77-58 on Wednesday, February 6th. The Highlanders got a career-high 26 points from Ryan Woods, with 18 points coming from three-point range. Ky Howard had nine points and added six rebounds. For the Raiders, Matt McMullen finished with three points and five rebounds. New Jersey Tech (12-11, 3-1 Great West) travels to Chicago State (7-16, 2-2 Great West) on Saturday, February 9th.
New Jersey Tech Game Notes
- The Highlanders have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 15 or more assists.
- NJIT has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 18 or fewer field goals made.
- This season New Jersey Tech has won 78% of the time (7-2) when Ky Howard has 4 field goals made or more and 80% of the time (8-2) when Daquan Holiday has 6 rebounds or more.
- NJIT set season lows for blocks (1) and turnovers (9).
- The Highlanders have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Ryan Woods accounted for 33.7% of the team's points.
- Ryan Woods has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 23 games this season.
- Daquan Holiday has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 23 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Ryan Woods's career.
- Ryan Woods has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Woods had career highs with 26 points, 10 field goals made, a 83% field goal percentage, and 6 three-pointers.
- Chris Flores has 8 straight double-digit point games.
Colgate Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Pat Moore and John Brandenburg) accounted for 46.5% of the points.
- Pat Moore has led the team in scoring 4 times in 24 games this season.
- Luke Roh has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 24 games this season.