Wyoming got a victory on the road against Cal State Bakersfield 61-53 on Wednesday, February 6th. With the win, the Cowboys are now 2-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Derek Cooke Jr earned a double-double in the win including 12 points and 13 rebounds. Larry Nance Jr played his way to a double-double as well with a team-high 17 points and 15 rebounds. Stephon Carter finished with a game-high 20 points and eight rebounds for the Roadrunners. Wyoming (16-6, 2-6 MWC) takes on Boise State (15-7, 3-5 MWC) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Wyoming Game Notes
- Wyoming started 16-6 during the 2002, 2000, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cowboys have won every game this season (10-0) after recording 15 or more free throws made.
- Wyoming has won every game this season (9-0) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- Wyoming has won every game this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.7 percent field goal percentage.
- Wyoming has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record seven or fewer assists.
- This season Wyoming has won 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Josh Adams plays 30 minutes or more and 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Larry Nance Jr has five field goals made or more.
- Wyoming set a season low for blocks (one).
- Larry Nance Jr recorded a team season high in rebounds with 15.
- Derek Cooke Jr tallied a team season high in offensive rebounds with seven.
- The top two scorers (Larry Nance Jr and Derek Cooke Jr) accounted for 47.5 percent of the points.
- Larry Nance Jr accounted for 40.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Larry Nance Jr has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 7 times in 22 games this season.
- Larry Nance Jr recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Larry Nance Jr recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- Larry Nance Jr had a career high with 15 rebounds.
- Derek Cooke Jr recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Derek Cooke Jr recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Leonard Washington.
Cal State Bakersfield Game Notes
- Stephon Carter recorded a team season high in field goals made with 10 and field goals attempted with 18.
- Stephon Carter accounted for 37.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Stephon Carter and Adam Young) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Stephon Carter has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding six times in 23 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Stephon Carter's career.