Texas-Pan American 73
(12-12, 3-11 away)
New Orleans 75
(7-13, 7-4 home)
Venue: Lakefront Arena
8:15PM ET / 5:15PM PT, February 06, 2013
||B Provost 24
||J Delgado 8
||A Urbanus 6
||R Nelson 21
||C Dixon 8
||R Nelson 8
Texas-Pan American lost a close one to New Orleans 75-73 in overtime on Wednesday, February 6th. Brandon Provost put on a show for the Broncs and put up a game-high 24 points, shooting 6 of 10 from three-point range. Jesus Delgado also had a strong outing, scoring 14 points and adding eight rebounds. For the Privateers, Rarlensee Nelson finished with a career-high 21 points and eight assists. The next game will be on Saturday, February 9th when Texas-Pan American (12-12, 3-1 Great West) travels to Utah Valley University (10-12, 1-3 Great West).
Texas-Pan American Game Notes
- Texas-Pan American has played in 3 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Broncs have played in 8 overtime games with a record of 2-6.
- The Broncs have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas-Pan American is 17-28 in close games.
- The Broncs have lost 100% of the time this season (0-9) after having a field goal percentage of 38.9% or worse.
- Texas-Pan American has lost 78% of the time this season (2-7) after recording 21 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, Texas-Pan American has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 39 or more rebounds this season, Texas-Pan American has lost 80% of the time (2-8).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Texas-Pan American has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- The Broncs set a season high for free throws made (24).
- Texas-Pan American has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Brandon Provost accounted for 32.8% of the team's points.
- Brandon Provost has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 24 games this season.
- Jesus Delgado has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Brandon Provost's career.
- Brandon Provost has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jesus Delgado has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jesus Delgado had career highs with 10 free throws made and 8 rebounds.
New Orleans Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Rarlensee Nelson and Lovell Cook) accounted for 53.3% of the points.
- Rarlensee Nelson has led the team in scoring 3 times in 20 games this season.
- Cory Dixon has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Rarlensee Nelson's career.
- Rarlensee Nelson set career highs with 21 points and 8 field goals made.
- Lovell Cook has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Eddie Denard.