(13-8, 11-2 home)
Venue: Don Haskins Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||T Jackson 12
||J DeBose 7
||T Jackson 3
||C Cooper 14
||C Lang 8
||J Streeter 8
Texas-El Paso squared off with Rice on Wednesday, February 6th and topped the Owls 65-53 in C-USA action. McKenzie Moore played brilliantly for the Miners and put up nine points plus seven rebounds. John Bohannon had 11 points and added three rebounds. For the Owls, Julian DeBose got eight points and seven rebounds. Texas-El Paso (13-8, 6-2 C-USA) welcomes Tulsa (12-11, 4-5 C-USA) on Saturday, February 9th.
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- Texas-El Paso started 13-8 during the 2008 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The Miners have won 90% of the time this season (9-1) after recording 65 or more total points.
- UTEP has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 0 or fewer blocks.
- UTEP has won 91% of the time this season (10-1) after holding an opponent to under 41.2% field goal percentage.
- This season Texas-El Paso has won 100% of the time (5-0) when McKenzie Moore has 7 rebounds or more and 80% of the time (4-1) when Jacques Streeter has 8 assists or more.
- The Miners set season highs for assists (21) and three-pointers (10).
- The Miners have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 5 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--UTEP has a 11.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Cedrick Lang and McKenzie Moore) accounted for 55.5% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (33) than the starters (32).
- Cedrick Lang has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 21 games this season.
- Julian Washburn has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Rice Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Tamir Jackson and Max Guercy) accounted for 43.3% of the points.
- Tamir Jackson has led the team in scoring 13 times in 22 games this season.
- Julian DeBose has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 22 games this season.
- Tamir Jackson has 6 straight double-digit point games.