On Wednesday, February 6th, Southern Methodist took on Memphis and lost on their home court to the Tigers 60-52 in conference play. Jalen Jones earned a double-double for the Mustangs with 13 points and 15 rebounds. Nick Russell also contributed, scoring a team-high 17 points and adding four rebounds. Geron Johnson got a game-high 19 points for the Tigers, making 5 of 9 from three-point range. Southern Methodist (12-12, 2-7 C-USA) goes to Rice (5-16, 1-7 C-USA) on Saturday, February 9th.
Southern Methodist Game Notes
- Southern Methodist started 12-12 during the 2005, 2002, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- SMU beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Mustangs have beaten the spread.
- Southern Methodist has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 52 or fewer total points.
- The Mustangs have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a three-point percentage of 8.3% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 35.0% or better this season, Southern Methodist has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- SMU set season lows for assists (5) and field goal percentage (0.311).
- This is the 11th game at home this season--SMU has a 6.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Cannen Cunningham recorded a team season high in blocks with 6.
- Nick Russell tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 24.
- Nick Russell accounted for 32.6% of the team's points.
- Jalen Jones accounted for 37.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Nick Russell has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 24 games this season.
- Jalen Jones has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 24 games this season.
- Jalen Jones recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jalen Jones has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Jalen Jones recorded a double-double. It was the 7th of his career.
- Cannen Cunningham had a career high with 6 blocks.
- Nick Russell has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Manuel has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Uche Ofoegbu.
Memphis Game Notes
- Geron Johnson recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 5.
- Geron Johnson accounted for 31.6% of the team's points.
- Geron Johnson has led the team in scoring 3 times in 22 games this season.
- Adonis Thomas has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 22 games this season.
- Adonis Thomas set a career high with 8 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Joe Jackson.