(10-13, 0-9 away)
(15-8, 13-2 home)
Venue: Fogelman Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||E Pittman 23
||D Tinnon 12
||D Kane 11
||J Davis 23
||J Davis 12
||R Tarrant 9
In a game where they turned the ball over 16 times, Marshall was thumped by Tulane 91-75 in conference play. The game was pretty much decided at halftime, with Tulane up 58-35. The Thundering Herd got a double-double out of Dennis Tinnon with 13 points and 12 rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). Elijah Pittman had a season-high 23 points. Josh Davis got a double-double for the Green Wave on a team-high 23 points and 12 rebounds. Next up for Marshall (10-13, 3-5 C-USA) is UAB (10-13, 2-6 C-USA) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Marshall Game Notes
- Marshall started 10-13 during the 2008 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- Marshall has lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after recording 38 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 91 or more total points this season, Marshall has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Marshall has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.8% or better this season, Marshall has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- Marshall has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 5 games.
- Elijah Pittman recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 12.
- Elijah Pittman accounted for 30.6% of the team's points.
- Dennis Tinnon accounted for 31.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Elijah Pittman has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 23 games this season.
- Dennis Tinnon has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 23 games this season.
- This game was the 6th double-digit assist game of DeAndre Kane's career.
- DeAndre Kane recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 5th of his career.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Elijah Pittman's career.
- Elijah Pittman has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Dennis Tinnon recorded the 30th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dennis Tinnon recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 18th of his career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Robert Goff.
Tulane Game Notes
- Ricky Tarrant recorded a team season high in assists with 9.
- Josh Davis tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 20.
- The top two scorers (Josh Davis and Ricky Tarrant) accounted for 46.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Josh Davis and Kendall Timmons) accounted for 45.2% of the rebounds.
- Josh Davis has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 20 times in 23 games this season.
- Ricky Tarrant set a career high with 9 assists.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Josh Davis's career.
- Josh Davis recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 24th of his career.
- Kendall Timmons set a career high with 5 steals.