(11-12, 4-9 away)
(13-12, 5-5 home)
Venue: Towson Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 06, 2013
||D Saddler 20
||J Hagins 8
||D Saddler 3
||J Benimon 21
||B Dixon 13
||J Benimon 5
On an evening when the Fightin' Blue Hens shot just 29% from the floor, Towson easily defeated Delaware 85-65 in conference action. With the win, the Tigers stay undefeated against Delaware this season at 2-0. The Tigers got a double-double out of Jerrelle Benimon with a game-high 21 points and 12 rebounds. Marcus Damas had 16 points and added eight rebounds. For the Fightin' Blue Hens, Devon Saddler finished with a team-high 20 points and five rebounds. Towson (13-12, 8-4 CAA) takes on Georgia State (12-13, 7-5 CAA) on Saturday, February 9th on the road.
Towson Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:06 left to go.
- The win over Delaware extended the Towson winning streak to 3 games.
- Towson beat the spread by 20.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Towson has been on the winning end of 4 blowout games.
- Towson has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 27 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Towson has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Marcus Damas has 16 points or more, 83% of the time (5-1) when Jerome Hairston has 4 free throws made or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Jerrelle Benimon has 5 assists or more.
- The Tigers set a season high for rebounds (51).
- The last time Towson recorded at least 51 rebounds was Mar 02, 2012 against Delaware.
- The Tigers have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 5 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Towson has a 3.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jerrelle Benimon and Jerome Hairston) accounted for 44.7% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Bilal Dixon and Jerrelle Benimon) accounted for 49.0% of the rebounds.
- Jerrelle Benimon has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 25 games this season.
- Bilal Dixon has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Jerrelle Benimon's career.
- Jerrelle Benimon has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Jerrelle Benimon recorded a double-double. It was the 17th of his career.
- Jerrelle Benimon had a career high with 5 assists.
- Bilal Dixon recorded the 25th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Marcus Damas has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Marcus Damas.
- Marcus Damas had a career high with a 70% field goal percentage.
Delaware Game Notes
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, UD has been on the losing end of 16 blowout games.
- Devon Saddler accounted for 30.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jamelle Hagins and Josh Brinkley) accounted for 51.8% of the rebounds.
- Devon Saddler has led the team in scoring 16 times in 23 games this season.
- Jamelle Hagins has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 23 games this season.
- Jamelle Hagins has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 28th 20-point game of Devon Saddler's career.
- Devon Saddler has 23 straight double-digit point games.
- Devon Saddler set a career high with 10 free throws made.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jarvis Threatt.
- Kyle Anderson set career highs with a 75% field goal percentage and a 100% three-point percentage.