On Wednesday, February 6th, Winthrop dropped one to North Carolina-Asheville 69-56 in conference play. The Eagles were led by Derrick Henry, who put up a team-high 15 points and six rebounds. Larry Brown had 11 points and added six rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Keith Hornsby finished with a game-high 21 points and four assists. Winthrop (10-12, 4-6 Big South) gets Longwood (3-21, 0-10 Big South) at home on Saturday, February 9th.
Winthrop Game Notes
- Winthrop started 10-12 during the 2010 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Winthrop has lost 75% of the time this season (2-6) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 69 or more total points this season, Winthrop has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 6 or more blocks this season, Winthrop has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Eagles set a season high for assists (14).
- The last time Winthrop recorded at least 14 assists was Feb 29, 2012 against Campbell.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Eagles opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Derrick Henry and Larry Brown) accounted for 46.4% of the points.
- Derrick Henry has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 22 games this season.
- Larry Brown has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 22 games this season.
- Derrick Henry has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Joab Jerome.
North Carolina-Asheville Game Notes
- Keith Hornsby accounted for 30.4% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (D.J. Cunningham and Will Weeks) accounted for 51.3% of the rebounds.
- Keith Hornsby has led the team in scoring 7 times in 24 games this season.
- D.J. Cunningham has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 8th 20-point game of Keith Hornsby's career.
- Keith Hornsby has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Keith Hornsby set a career high with 10 free throws made.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Jeremy Atkinson's career.
- Jeremy Atkinson has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- D.J. Cunningham recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.